From our Glyncorrwg shop you can hire one of the latest high quality bikes – All are full suspension mountain bikes. These are replaced every 6 to 12 months and are suitable for every trail you will find in the The Afan Forest Park, and those further afield. Every bike is fully checked and maintained before and after each ride.
Hire Bikes Are £50 per day, all feature dropper posts and Rock Shock Pike RCT3 Forks and come in four sizes.
- Small 5’0” to 5’5” 1.52m to 1.65m
- Medium 5’5” to 5’10” 1.65m to 1.78m
- Large 5’10” to 6’1” 1.78m to 1.85m
- XLarge 6’1” to 6’6” 1.85m to 1.98m
The hire price includes everything you need to get out riding – helmet, tool-pack, pump and spare tube (no extra charges for bike-washing) You will also need some form of photo ID (either a Valid Passport or Driving Licence,) proof of address (either a utility bill or bank statement or the card used to make the payment.)
* IDENTIFICATION: PLEASE NOTE – if you fail to bring your Photo ID, proof of Address or credit card or if the names and addresses do not match you will not be able to take the bike, and if you have paid in advance you will not be entitled to a refund, you have been warned!
You will need to bring suitable clothing for your ride (we recommend wearing several thin layers (rather than one thick one) with a wind or water proof outer shell on the top and a pair of gloves, and a small back pack to put your spare clothing in and a water bottle (our bikes do not have bottle cages and some cannot have them fitted.)
* BE AWARE: It get’s very busy, especially during the Summer, so pre-booking is highly recommended. We cannot guarantee you a hire bike if you haven’t booked and prepaid in advance. We only currently only offer full day bike hire.
* BOOKING A BIKE: You can book your Bike by phoning 01639 850011. or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Bookings must be confirmed and paid for in full, at least five full days in advance of the hire date. If Bookings are not paid in advance we cannot guarantee your bike will be available.
* CANCELLATIONS: if you have to cancel your booking for any reason please let us know as soon as possible. Pre-paid bookings cancelled more than five full days or more before the Hire date will have the full hire fee refunded less an admin fee of £5 per bike. cancellations less than 5 full days before the Hire date will not be Refunded.
* VISITING FROM OUTSIDE THE UK: If you are visiting from outside the UK You will need to provide a Valid Passport and your Credit /Debit Card (both must be in your name!)
Helmets must be worn at all times, and bikes must be locked whenever unattended (please request a lock if this is likely to be the case.) Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult (at all times) Remember your safety is your responsibility, make sure you have suitable clothing and some means of calling for help (should the need arise.) if in doubt ask one of our staff and they will be glad to help.
Personal insurance cover is not included. We recommend you take out personal insurance cover prior to the hire period if you require cover.
All Damage or Breakages, must be reported immediately, (no matter how they are caused) where upon we will advice on the best cause of action. Please also note there is a ranger service which will in an emergency coordinate rescue of injured or lost riders. We do not have vehicular access to the forest, so are unable to recover lost or injured riders or damaged bikes. If something goes wrong it is your responsibility to get yourself and our bike safely of the Mountain.
There is currently no out of hour’s ranger service, in extreme emergencies call 999. if you are intending to ride one of our bikes outside of opening hours, you will need to book for two days, and you must be prepared for all eventualities, we will not be around to help you out!
All hire bikes need to be collected from our Hire Shop at at Glyncorrwg Mountain Bike Centre.
Our cut off time for hiring out bikes is 2pm. A days Hire is from 9am to 5pm.
Late returns will result in a MINIMUM charge of £20 per hour.
Wheel: from £60
Front Mech: £20
Rear Mech: £35
Brake: From £30
Seatpost: From £20
Axle: From £30
TOOL KIT DAMAGE/LOST COSTS:
Chain Splitter: £8
Tyre Lever: £2
Rescue Box: £4
Seat Pack: £4
Visited 962 times, 1 Visit today